Now that you have finished his module, I hope you have a better understanding of phonation. As a review, after studying this unit, you should be able to:
1. relate how the anatomy and physiology of the larynx, coupled with respiration, enables phonation.
2. describe the Bernouilli effect and the myoelastic aerodynamic theory as they pertain to vocalization.
3. relate how vocal fold vibration is related to frequency, and the factors that increase and decrease frequency.
.4. describe what voice intensity is how it relates to frequency.
5. describe what factors play a role in vocal quality.
.6. assess ways to measure laryngeal function an
7. analyze phonation using Praat.